Friday, March 29, 2013

Stats Videos

Over the past semester, I have been using online tutorials as a supplement for my Introductory Statistics course. Partly to share my knowledge with the rest of the world, partly to deflect any questions from students by asking "Well, did you watch the video yet?" While there is the possibility that such easy access to statistical concepts may reinforce truancy, absenteeism, and sloth, as well as fostering society's increasingly pathological dependence on technology, I try to be a bit more sanguine, thinking that it will serve as a useful tool for learning and memorization.

One reason behind making these is to make sure that I actually understand the concepts; another reason is to provide a reusable source of statistics material for students who do not fully grasp everything in one class sitting (and who does?); and yet another reason is to show off my wardrobe. (Hint: I rotate about two, maybe three shirts. You can see where my priorities are.)


No comments:

Post a Comment