Thursday, August 4, 2016

New Website

Readers have complained I haven't updated in a while. Do you know why I haven't updated? Too much Andy's Brain Blog is bad for you. It's like cigarettes, booze, or Nutella. It should be enjoyed in moderation - if at all.

Many of you probably felt that the writing here was slowly petering out. I don't blame you. I've come across sites like that - sites that make me feel as though I'm walking through an abandoned house. What's unsettling is that the writing didn't end; it stopped. That makes me think something terrible happened to the author. Maybe he said everything he had to say; maybe he lost interest; maybe he simply lost inspiration - and couldn't bear to look at those half-stitched monstrosities he began but never finished. I understand. There are many posts that I began to write, but then abandoned - they didn't sound right. You would be surprised how many of these limbless horrors I have buried in my graveyard.

There are two other reasons why I haven't written. One, long periods of absence tend to filter out the fair-weather readers and leave me with only the fanatics. Two, I have been building a new website - a professional website, complete with photos of me doing professional things, such as posing for the camera. I felt that it was time to move; some may disagree. I hate to disappoint them.

Regardless, my posts will continue on the new website; and, to smooth the transition, new writings will be posted to both sites for the next few months. I haven't decided yet what I'll do with this blog; I am too fond of it to simply press "delete" and see it vanish into the electricity. There's history here. Perhaps I'll write something here once in a while with my more unprofessional thoughts. I don't intend to stop anytime soon.

Yet I know that, whatever happens to me, there are others who carry the flag; that there are others who are doing what I do. A few examples come to mind: Mumford Brain Stats; Crash Log; Diffusion Imaging. And that is why this blog, being what it is - a desire to help you understand, to get you excited about neuroimaging; above all, to make you see - will survive even if it die.

No comments:

Post a Comment