Sunday, March 25, 2012

First Post of the New Blog

Hey everyone, and welcome to Andy's Brain Blog! I am a PhD student in cognitive neuroscience at Indiana University, and the purpose of this blog is to share what I learn and what I do in graduate school with others who have similar interests, or are just plain curious. Any new techniques, tools, and scripts that I develop or hear about will also be posted here (or put on my IU homepage for download).

This blog used to be called How To Live in Columbus, which was a detailed journal of my life / eating experiences while I was working in Columbus, Ohio. All of those posts were deleted since I hadn't updated them in a while, and because I wanted to keep the same blog but have a consistent theme. So if you have come here looking for those posts, I'm sorry, but they're gone forever.

Right now I am in Silver Spring, Maryland, for a workshop at the National Institutes of Health for their functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) analysis package, AFNI. Tomorrow is the introduction and some background on how their approach is different from the other software out there; I'll be posting more information tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment